– Discover Seoul Pass for foreigners will begin selling at over 16,000 CU Convenience Stores nationwide starting on the 26th
– Increased convenience for tourists to be able to enjoy Seoul with ease
SEOUL, KOREA, October 13, 2022 /24-7PressRelease/ — Seoul Tourism Organization (CEO Gi-yeon Gil) announced that Discover Seoul Pass for foreigners will be sold at over 16,000 CU Convenience Stores nationwide.
• Previously, Discover Seoul Pass could only be purchased at major tourist information centers in Seoul or the official website but through the partnership agreement with BGF Retail on the 2nd, Discover Seoul Pass was able to expand its sales channel to CU Convenience Stores nationwide.
• For purchase and usage procedure, after the tourist purchases the card pre-paid, the tourist can enter the PIN number on the receipt in the official Discover Seoul Pass application to generate a mobile pass. Only cards issued overseas can be used on the official website but CU Convenience Stores will only be accepting cash payments.
You can purchase mobile Discover Seoul Pass at CU Convenience Stores nationwide from the 26th.
With the upcoming Halloween and Black Friday and for end-of-the-year holiday season, Seoul Tourism Organization is planning to launch various marketing promotions through its partnership with CU Convenience Stores.
It is expected that the tourist will be able to enjoy Seoul with more ease through this expansion of sale channel.
• For foreign tourists, convenience stores offer 24-hour availability, safety during late hours (security system), and availability of cheap, convenient, and delicious food and snacks, which makes it an ideal shopping location with high accessibility.
Meanwhile, Discover Seoul Pass is a tourism pass exclusive to foreigners launched in July 2016 that allows free entry to major tourism attractions in Seoul and discount benefits at duty free shops, performances, etc. It also offers transportation functions for AREX, Ddaerungi, etc. and contains other numerous benefits in a single card.
• For more details, go to the official website of Discover Seoul Pass (www.discoverseoulpass.com) (available in English, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Japanese).
CEO of Seoul Tourism Organization Gi-yeon Gil stated, “We have expanded our sales network to CU Convenience Stores offering superb accessibility to respond to increase in number of foreign tourists after the end of the COVID-19 pandemic” and added, “We will continue to strive to form partnerships with various industries for tourists to be able to conveniently use Discover Seoul Pass.”
Discover Seoul Pass Overview
• Name: Discover Seoul Pass
• Subject: Foreign tourists ※Purchase and usage not available to citizens
• Issuance: Seoul Tourism Organization
• Form: Physical/Mobile card
• Type: 24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours
• Price: KRW 39,900 (24h), KRW 55,000(48h), KRW 70,000 (72h)
• Purchase: Official website of Discover Seoul Pass, major tourist information centers, etc.
• Key Functions
－ Free entry for over 50 iconic tourist attractions in Seoul (Lotte World, N Seoul Tower, etc.0
－ Discount for over 150 facilities including tourist attractions, shopping, experiences, etc. (Seoul Sky, One More Trip, etc.)
－ Transportation methods such as AREX, K-Limousine, Ddareungi and Seoul City Tour Bus available
• Website: www.discoverseoulpass.com
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here